Our privacy commitment
How we collect information
MyBudget collects personal information in a number of ways. These include:
- Directly from you, when you speak with us in person;
- Directly from you, when you provide information via an email, the internet, a mobile app or a data collection form;
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone;
- Directly from you, when you contact us by post or by fax;
- From your nominated referees, by phone or by email;
- From recruitment agencies, job placement agencies, and other relevant bodies you may be in contact with;
- Through online registers and searches, including ASIC registers and police checks; and
- From medical professionals and other officials, as you authorise.
You have the right to refuse us authorisation to collect information from a third party. However, if this affects our actions in performing due diligence checks on you in relation to employment, we may not be able to hire you to perform a certain role.
You may choose to contact us anonymously where it is lawful and practicable to do so – for example, if you telephone us requesting general information about an advertised position. However, if you do not identify yourself, we will only be able to give you general information and we may not be able to provide the full services you require.
What kind of information we collect
We only collect relevant information about you that is needed to establish and maintain your employee files, as the law allows and/or requires us to collect.
We are likely to collect personal information, such as your contact details and other identifying information, necessary for our dealings with you. This may include your name, email address, postal/residential address, and telephone number. We will collect your resume and cover letter when you apply to work with us, as well as information about your employment history and work skills. If you become an employee we will keep records of your employment ongoing, including your employment contract, performance management information, emergency contacts and any other pertinent information.
Without your consent, we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership status of professional or trade associations, membership status of a trade union, or details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record. This is subject to some exceptions, including where the collection is required or allowed by law; when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim; or where it is necessary for your employment or health and safety (for example, we may collect some health information about you to ensure we provide the appropriate accommodations). We understand that this information is sensitive, and we will treat any sensitive information we have collected as highly confidential.
If you are a prospective employee, MyBudget may collect information about your criminal history. This is performed through an online check of the national criminal history database. Select MyBudget employees who have had appropriate training can view this information via a secure portal, but MyBudget will not store any of this information.
Why we collect information and how it may be used
We collect personal information from you to aid in our employment process. All of the information we collect about you will be used for Human Resources purposes including hiring, training, and performance management. We may also use some of your information in our dealings with third parties providing Human Resources services, such as an Employee Assistance Program provider or training companies.
Keeping your information up-to-date
MyBudget takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To ensure that we are able to maintain this level of accuracy and completeness, we ask that you:
- Inform us of any errors in your personal information as soon as possible; and
- Update us with any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Keeping your private information secure
MyBudget is committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We use a combination of technologies, systems and processes to control and limit access to your information. Your personal information is stored in secure online portals which are protected by security systems that monitor, control and protect access. All computer-based information is protected through the use of access passwords, and data is backed up regularly.
Where physical employee records are held, they are protected from the general public by secure swipe card access, and are protected from other MyBudget employees with physical locks. Only Human Resources employees have access to these files. All of our employees are trained to respect privacy.
Accessing your information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain expectations allowed by law. Access to the requested personal information may include providing you with copies, providing you with the opportunity for inspection, or providing you with a summary. If you believe that any of the personal information we hold is incorrect, you may request a correction.
In most circumstances, we will not charge you for providing access to your personal information. However, if you request information which is of a particularly large volume or is otherwise onerous, MyBudget reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to compensate us for time spent servicing your request.
It is a legislative requirement that we keep all personal information and records for a period of seven (7) years. Should you cease to be a MyBudget employee, we will maintain your personal information on or off site, in a secure manner, for seven (7) years. After this time, the information will be destroyed.
You are welcome to access your personal information at any stage within this seven (7) year period. Some exceptions exist in which we will not provide you with access to your personal information. We will not provide you with a copy of your personal file if:
- Providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- The information is related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- Providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- Providing access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- Providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body, or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
Should we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation for that refusal. All applications for access of personal information can be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
MyBudget Pty. Ltd.
PO Box 3433
Rundle Mall SA 5000
Or via email@example.com.
How we may disclose your information
We may disclose your personal information to individuals within MyBudget, and organisations outside of MyBudget. The ways we may disclose information include providing information to:
- Your supervisors, Managers, and Human Resources staff of MyBudget;
- Companies which provide services to employees of MyBudget, such as Employee Assistance Programs and training;
- Government bodies for health and safety purposes, including for ‘return to work’ purposes after an injury;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law – for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue;
- Other companies for the purposes of providing an employment reference, as required; and
- Relevant authorities, if we have reason to believe that you or another person is in danger.
From time to time, MyBudget uses overseas third party services for limited data storage, contract provision and sending surveys or emails. At this time, our main third party providers are Microsoft SharePoint, Google, DocuSign and SurveyMonkey. Please be advised that these companies may have different privacy policies to MyBudget. However, we will only use third party providers which are trusted and are vigilant with your information.
In certain circumstances we are required to collect government identifiers, such as your tax file number or Medicare number. These will only be used for relevant purposes, and will only be disclosed as required or authorised by law, or when you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
You can contact us by phone, fax, post or email, using the below details:
Phone number: 08 8215 7579
Fax number: 08 8272 9811
Postal address: PO Box 3433, Rundle Mall SA 5000
If you wish to ask a question, give feedback, or make a complaint about any potential breach of your privacy rights, please contact MyBudget using any of the contact details above. Any complaints will be responded to within fourteen (14) days. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or Fair Work, as relevant.