If you’re currently thinking about resolutions for the New Year, don’t overlook little lifestyle changes that save a few dollars every day, but turn into super savings over a year.
Here’s an indication, based on estimates, of how much you could save in 12 months by making these eight changes…
1. Take your lunch to work instead of buying it – $2,000
2. Ride the bus to work instead of driving – $1,500
3. Turn your electrical appliances off at the wall -$110
4. Use the clothesline instead of the dryer – $40
5. Stop buying one monthly magazine – $250
6. Stop buying take-away coffee on your way to work- $750
7. Unplug the 20-year old fridge you keep in the garage – $445
8. Replace one take-away meal each week with home cooking – $400
Total savings: $5,495 per year.
There’s a lot you can do with that sort of money.
Happy New Year – and happy saving!